A graduate of the International Doctoral Program in Nursing improves health outcomes, promotes evidence-based practice and advances the profession of nurses.
Competencies required for successful completion of this PhD program include：
- An ability to synthesize existing research and theories.
- An ability to appropriately design, implement and evaluate research studies.
- An ability to analyze research findings using appropriate data analysis methods.
- An ability to clearly and professional communicate research findings through scholarly publications and professional presentations.
- An ability to mentor and educate future nurses and researchers.
- A commitment to the ethical conduct and social responsibility in scholarship.
The competencies are met by successful completion of 10 Core Courses, one or more elective courses, the acceptance of a scholarly dissertation proposal, the acceptance of a completed dissertation, publication of at least one peer-reviewed professional paper and one peer-reviewed presentation.